About Me

My photo
I am a passionate minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I see our mission as bringing heaven on earth by making followers of Jesus, one person at a time. I love sports, reading and smoking meat. I have the most beautiful wife in all the world and I love the Dallas Cowboys.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog called, "The Following Leader." I am excited about this new blog because the title sums up what God has been teaching me about leadership the last couple of years. I have one solid conviction about leadership in the church and it is simply this...in God's kingdom, the best leaders are the best followers.

You heard me right.

The best leaders are the best followers.

The way we lead in God's kingdom is by first becoming great followers of Jesus.

That is why Jesus called his disciples with the simple task of following him.

That is why in the transitional section of the Gospel of John, John tells us in John 12.26, "whoever serves me must follow me (Jesus); and where I am, my servant also will be."

And finally that is why in the introduction of the antagonists in Revelation, John tells us the key to success is "following the Lamb wherever he goes (Revelation 14.4)."

Leadership is simply influence, and the way we influence people in God's kingdom is ultimately stripped down to one word...follow.

And that is what this blog is about.

It is my journey in what it looks like to lead by following. Hopefully this blog will not just be an opportunity for me to jot down my random thoughts in order to feel a part of the blogger world, but hopefully this blog will be used as a tool that starts dialogues among other people who are wanting to lead in God's kingdom by following Christ. Please, feel free to share your own wisdom and experience as we bring God and people back together by following so intently after Christ that we lead others to do the same.

Sy Huffer
the following leader

2 comments:

  1. Hey man, let's not get down on those who write random thoughts to feel part of the blogger world, because that what I do. Oh, and I also do it to pick up chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not getting down on you, just stating that my random thoughts are not worthwhile enough to be posted out in the world. This is unlike you, whose random thoughts are edifying for the entire globe.

    ReplyDelete